Any suggestion about text-based GUI function?

Hi,

As we always provide console for user interaction. It's difficult for use to remember and understand so many commands.

I'd like to provide a text-based GUI interface, a great example is Turbo C program.

I did some work on my target, analysis user input(eg. arrow keys) from terminal(HyperTerminal), and keep the terminal screen layout unchanged, but update corresponding fields. Also automaticaly update statistic fields when changed.
I found it useful for newbie user.

Is there guide article or open-source library to help accomplish such function?

Thanks in advanced.