Multi-cast support in Ethernet drivers

Hello,

I noticed that when I use DM9000 driver I have a complaint from the IO
subsystem that multi-cast is not supported, but wanted by FreeBSD
stack. I added this support and everything stop working. I dig it a
bit and found that FreeBSD wanted some bogus address to be added. It
seems it cannot work at all since link level address is seems not
filled in the struct sockaddr_dl anywhere in the eCos tree (correct me
if I'm wrong, but I was unable to find it). So now I'm confused why
this complaint was ever introduced and how it works for the Ethernet
drivers that support multi-cast mode already... For now I just
disabled the feature and return good result to prevent complaint. Any
ideas how it should work correctly?

--
WBR, Alexander