Re: How to enable diag_printf at Redboot

On Fri, Jul 06, 2007 at 04:37:47PM -0300, Tales Toledo wrote:
> On 7/6/07, Sergei Gavrikov <w3sg@softhome.net> wrote:
> >On Fri, Jul 06, 2007 at 03:32:01PM -0300, Tales Toledo wrote:
> >> Hi,
> >>
> >> I would like to enable all diag_printf messages at Redboot.
> >> How can I do this?
> >> Which cdl option should I have to enable to make it works?
> >
> >There are a lot of debug messages in RedBoot. That depends on packages
> >are used to build RedBoot (RedBoot is a closely target related stuff).
> >You can see that, U.T.S.L.
> >
> >find $ECOS_REPOSITORY/redboot/current/src | xargs grep DEBUG
> >
> >You can meet ZM_DEBUG, DEBUG_TCP, etc., etc., etc.
> >
> >but it seems, that more suitable way is to look at any CYGDBG_REDBOOT_*
> >options in your `ecos.ecc' is prepared to build RedBoot
> >

> I enable CYGDBG_REDBOOT_NET_DEBUG that is the most important for me
> right now. Unfortunately  I am having some problems with flash
> configuration at boot that override it with 0.
> I can't see any messages until now...

Ah, I did pass your vis-a-vis dialog with Gary. I'm seeing now what is
your issue. That is a flash config issue, isn't that? I look at some
RedBoot options/semaphores and found this one

cdl_option CYGSEM_REDBOOT_FLASH_CONFIG_READONLY_FALLBACK {user_value 1};

Perhaps, some fail(s) protected itself by such a way? But, you told that
fconfig copy in RAM is good. Did you tried to change the default flash
config block number (cdl_option CYGNUM_REDBOOT_FLASH_CONFIG_BLOCK) ?

Execuse me that my useless suggest about DEBUG* options. I would play
with a set of the CYG*REDBOOT*FLASH*CONFIG defaults at the end: editing
`ecos.ecc' and re-building RedBoot. But that can take your whole weekend.

Regards,

Sergei