Re: How to enable diag_printf at Redboot

On Mon, Jul 09, 2007 at 12:45:16PM -0300, Tales Toledo wrote:
> On 7/6/07, Sergei Gavrikov <w3sg@softhome.net> wrote:

> >> I enable CYGDBG_REDBOOT_NET_DEBUG that is the most important for me
> >> right now. Unfortunately  I am having some problems with flash
> >> configuration at boot that override it with 0.
> >> I can't see any messages until now...
> >
> >Ah, I did pass your vis-a-vis dialog with Gary. I'm seeing now what is
> >your issue. That is a flash config issue, isn't that? I look at some
> >RedBoot options/semaphores and found this one
> >
> >cdl_option CYGSEM_REDBOOT_FLASH_CONFIG_READONLY_FALLBACK {user_value 1};
>
> Yes, I believe it could be a flash config problem. I have tried it but
> with no success. I am still having the same behavior. The flash was
> written (I'm sure because i can dump and see the ip address
> server/mask/gateway) but seems that Redboot don't    take this
> configuration from flash at boot up.
>

> >Perhaps, some fail(s) protected itself by such a way? But, you told that
> >fconfig copy in RAM is good. Did you tried to change the default flash
> >config block number (cdl_option CYGNUM_REDBOOT_FLASH_CONFIG_BLOCK) ?
>
> I also change it. Should I see the differences at fis list command? I
> choose -4 as example and the Redboot config remains at 0x407FF000. It
> should be at 0x407FA000. Did i understand the cdl_option right?

That has an effect, if this option is turnned off:

cdl_option CYGSEM_REDBOOT_FLASH_COMBINED_FIS_AND_CONFIG {user_falue 0};
So, try such an import before make

cat <<_EOF | ecosconfig import /dev/stdin
cdl_option CYGSEM_REDBOOT_FLASH_COMBINED_FIS_AND_CONFIG {user_value 0};
cdl_option CYGNUM_REDBOOT_FLASH_CONFIG_BLOCK {user_value -4};
_EOF

Then fulfil `fconf -i', `fis init -f' as you do it as well and compare
the `fis list' results. I get the expected changes on my target.

Sergei