Re: flash v2 branch changes

Mike Sweeney wrote:
> Can someone give me a brief summary of how the flash v2 branch differs
> from the trunk code? I spent some time looking at the trunk code only
> to realize that there is also a v2 branch. I want to use jffs2 on a
> NAND flash device. Reading through some of the discussions on this
> list there was some work being done to support this. Is this supported
> by the v2 code? I can port my NAND driver, but I am wondering if the
> flash API has been modified for NAND flash devices.

AFAIK, the v2 branch doesn't hold these secrets :-)

FYI, I looked into adding NAND+JFFS2 support some time ago and
gave up after spending about 3 weeks trying to get it going...
It might be easier now (the NAND stuff in JFFS2 has changed
quite a bit, but you'll have to re-port/import the changes
into eCos as our version is quite ancient)