RE: ecos kernel modification and kapidata

> From: Andrew Lunn
>
> There is nothing to stop you calling the C++ API, but we
> don't recommend it. The C API is documented and frozen. The
> C++ is not documented and not frozen, it can and does change.
>
> So we reserve the right to break your application if you use
> the C++ API :-)

Unfortunately, it's not generally possible to create synchronization objects
comparable to the built-in ones without writing in C++, and the set provided
is pretty limited. You need to access things like thread_queue objects, and
call member functions like set_sleep_reason, get_wake_reason, etc.

I think that, since eCos is written in C++, it should be documented
primarily in C++, and people should be encouraged to use the C++ API. The C
API should be provided as an optional layer, like Posix or uItron.

--

Ciao,               Paul D. DeRocco