CDL Interface Configury

I'm having a problem using the cdl_interface CDL configury. I have a CDL
package where I have:

	requires	(CYGINT_XXX == 1)

	cdl_interface CYGINT_XXX {
		display	""
	}

I (currently) do not have any implementations for this interface enabled.  I
would expect to get a CDL configure error, but do not.  Instead, I get:

	U CYGINT_XXX, new inferred value 1

as output from ecosconfig.  Why is that?  How do I make ecosconfig fail if
the requirement is not met, rather than inferring a value for it?  The
result of the ecosconfig not failing is that the compile then fails later,
since there is no implementation code.

Jay