Re: networking support for my eCos application

C B wrote:
> I'm new to eCos and am trying to get some simple networking capabilities into an application that I've inherited.  The eCos configuration I have appears to have the networking package included and yet when I attempt to link my application against the eCos libs I get several 'undefined reference' type errors.  In particular:
>
>    undefined reference to 'init_all_network_interfaces'
>    undefined reference to 'eth0_up'
>    undefined reference to 'eth0_bootp_data'
>    undefined reference to 'inet_ntoa'
>
> It's some simple ftp client side stuff that is generating these errors but all I'd really like to be able to do is create and read data from a socket.
>
> I'm using the eCos Configuration Tool Version 2.11 in Windows XP and everything in the configuration builds fine.  In the configuration view I have 'Basic networking framework' with 'INET support' checked under it, and 'OpenBSD TCP/IP Stack' and 'FTP client' also there.
>
> I've tried to provide the summary of what I'm doing but please ask if there is something I've left out that would be valuable.  I've searched the archives and google'd a bunch but I'm unable to figure out a simple explanation for why the networking stuff doesn't seem to make it into my config.

It doesn't look like the network has been configured.

What eCos sources are you using (latest from anon CVS is recommended)
Can you send your actual configuration? (use File->Export)

Also, you probably should be using the FreeBSD network stack
as the OpenBSD stack is very old and no longer maintained.