about sendto and recvfrom functions

Hi all;
I am currently trying to test my AT91RM9200-based board using
Networking test application such as ping_test.c etc. However, up to
this moment, when I am monitoring the network traffic using wireshark,
I can only find ARP packets, whereas the ICMP packet supposed to be
sent through sendto() function in ping_test cannot be detected.
Therefore it is not unusual that the program is 'hang' when recvfrom
function is executed.

I am wondering why the ICMP packets never go through until
eth_drv_send that is the ethernet driver. When I did ping manually
using ping command in Redboot, everything is perfectly fine (all ICMP
packets can received successfully by the host). I compile the
application using the 'net' packages for AT91RM9200 Development Board

Any suggestion will be appreciated.

Thanks;
Albert P