From: ecos-discuss-owner@ecos.sourceware.org
[mailto:ecos-discuss-owner@ecos.sourceware.org] On Behalf Of Gary Thomas
Sent: Tuesday, December 11, 2007 1:36 PM
To: Navya S Kamath
Cc: ecos-discuss@ecos.sourceware.org
Subject: Re: [ECOS] Compile USB Host Application

Navya S Kamath wrote:
Hi All,

I'm trying to compile the USB host application on a RedHat Enterprise
Linux,
I get following errors

usbhost.o(.text+0xb4): In function `usb_scan_devices':
: undefined reference to `__fgetc_unlocked'
usbhost.o(.text+0x197): In function `usb_scan_devices':
: undefined reference to `__fgetc_unlocked'
usbhost.o(.text+0x207): In function `usb_scan_devices':
: undefined reference to `__fgetc_unlocked'
usbhost.o(.text+0x163d): In function `run_test_bulk_out':
: undefined reference to `__glibc_strerror_r'
usbhost.o(.text+0x1e4b): In function `run_test_bulk_in':
: undefined reference to `__glibc_strerror_r'
usbhost.o(.text+0x2807): In function `run_test_control_in':
: undefined reference to `__glibc_strerror_r'

I include file /usr/local/include/stdio.h has these definitions.Anybody
faced such errors before? Please help

It looks like you're trying to use things that are outside of eCos (no eCos application should ever need to use 'standard' include files, only the ones provided)

The public version of eCos doesn't support USB host operations.  I
believe that this can be obtained from eCosCentric.

There is a USB host application in the eCos sources that you compile on a desktop Linux and use to help test the USB slave device that you create with eCos. You don't *need* the host app to create a USB slave device with eCos. It just helps you debug one if you do have it.