Re: Re: Idle timeout and maximum # of sockets for athttpd

On Dec 13, 2007 4:14 PM, Øyvind Harboe <oyvind.harboe@zylin.com> wrote:
> [the awful truth deleted]
>
> Now I understand the awful truth. I wonder if there is anything that
> could be done
> to clue other athttpd users onto that they need to increase # of
> sockets to avoid
> the waiting problem....
>

> --
> Øyvind Harboe
> http://www.zylin.com - eCos ARM & FPGA  developer kit
>
> --

Hi,

Just a thought: maybe you can disable the socket linger timeout (=the
time it waits to completely close a socket).
I've done it in the past on Linux, so I don't know if you can do it
with the eCos networking stack.
Or you can try resetting a socket when you know it's closed, it's a
violation of normal way of working, but if it does the trick...

Tom