Re: Half Duplex RS485

As I used RS-485, I designed the hardware to automatically control the Tx/Rx
of transceiver.
So nothing need to be modified on driver level. However, you must ensure no
more than 1 node on RS-485 bus Tx date at any moment, otherwise it will
cause collision.

Hi All,
My project has RS485 half duplex driven by UART0 of an LPC2112.
At present I've modified pc_serial_start_xmit and pc_serial_stop_xmit to
change a pin state so that the same wires can be used for transmit and
receive.

This does not see to work when the FIFO is enabled.
Has anyone else done RS485 half duplex?
Did you modify these routines or write your own?
Did you get the FIFO to work?

Thanks			...Laurie:{)