Re: Half Duplex RS485

"Laurie Gellatly" <laurie.gellatly@netic.com> writes:

> When you include the ppp package it forces you to have flow control
> on ALL serial lines and I don't want that on the 485 line.

No, it just enables flow control by default on all serial ports. You can
change it for individual ports in your application, using
cyg_io_set_config.

Or change the default to "NONE" for all ports via
CYGDAT_IO_SERIAL_FLOW_CONTROL_DEFAULT (pppd will enable it on its own
serial device, unless you tell it not to)

> Looks like I'll have to try to carve out ppp_chat and make it into its
> own package without the flow control requirement unless you have a
> better alternative?

Actually the requirement is on the flow control support code. There is
no requirement on flow control being enabled for the serial device used
by pppd (and it works pretty well when disabled too).

Regards,
--
Daniel Néri <daniel.neri@sigicom.se>
Sigicom AB, Stockholm, Sweden