Re: Re: What should I concern when using eCos in commercial products?

On Fri, Jan 25, 2008 at 04:10:28AM +0000, wangcui wrote:

> Thank you, Grant.
> Do I must register our product to eCos community, or something else?

Nope. We are interested in what you are going with it, especially if
it is unusual, but there is no legal reason to tell us if you don't
want.

> My boss just want to make sure of every legal stuff about eCos. :)

Just make sure you respect the GPL. Provide all the eCos sources to
your customer and remember that if you develop a device driver etc, by
copying and modifying an existing driver, your new driver is a derived
work and must also be given to your customer.

You are not required to let us have your modification so we can merge
them back into eCos, but it is a nice thing to do.

Good luck with the project.

     Andrew