Re: Uart missing chars when in Release

On 2008-02-06, Laurie Gellatly <laurie.gellatly@netic.com> wrote:

> A small update on this subject. I found I did not have any
> optimisation on in the release version. When I added -Os or
> -O3 most of the problems disappeared. I'm planning to try to
> isolate which section of code makes the difference and then
> look at optimising how it works.

You might want to do some size/performance measurements with
different optimization switches.  On some of the platforms I
use, -O3 code is a lot bigger than -O2 and not measurably
faster.  I've also seen projects where -O2 is both smaller and
faster than -Os.

--
Grant Edwards                   grante             Yow! DIDI ... is that a
                                  at               MARTIAN name, or, are we