Re: difference between active / enabled components?

On Fri, Feb 15, 2008 at 03:48:26PM +0100, Luqman Munawar wrote:
> hello,
>
> I have a general question regarding the difference between an active and enabled option/components.
>
> I have checked that there is a define for every option that is both active and enabled otherwise no define is created in the headers.
>
> So what is the use of having both of them?

Active and enabled are two different concepts in CDL.  See

http://ecos.sourceware.org/docs-latest/cdl-guide/language.properties.html

Basically, the active property indicates if the option can be
used. i.e. all the requirements of the option/package are fulfilled
and all its parents in the hierarchy are enabled. If the property is
active, you can then enable/disable it.

        Andrew