Re: enabling/disabling options

hi Gary,

> > 1) The option should never be enabled: Create an
> >
> > "active_if !CYGPKG_HAL_ARM_MX31_MYBOARD"
> >
> > for this option.

Ok, there is an option in eCos system CYGHWR_DEVS_FLASH_AMD_AM29F which is in package CYGPKG_DEVS_FLASH_AMD_AM29XXXXX. This option is visible in configtool and can be enabled or disabled.

I have another flash chip (CYGHWR_DEVS_FLASH_S29WS256N) in my board and don't like the idea that someone chooses the wrong flash chip instead of or additionally to the correct one and thus creates a non-working build.

For this purpose I would deactivate all chips which are not on my board. The idea is show only option in the configtool which would not corrupt the final build.

I would write the following line in every chip that is not on my board:

"active_if !CYGPKG_HAL_ARM_MX31_MYBOARD"

Sounds like a very tideaus job. But I see no other alternative.

> > 2) The option should always be enabled:
> > Create a "requires OPTION_NAME" in the cdl script for my board package
> as follows:
> >
> > cdl_package CYGPKG_HAL_ARM_MX31_MYBOARD {
> > requires OPTION_NAME
> >
> > }

Now I don't like the user to able to disable the correct flash chip and write following in the package description of my board

requires  CYGHWR_DEVS_FLASH_S29WS256N

> There are certainly some examples in the CVS tree that are similar
> to what you want.  Look at how the various models of the PowerPC
> Adder platform are handled - hal/powerpc/adder.

For me this looks like way to do what I have stated above. If anyone has a better idea how it is inteded in eCos, I would love to hear.

--
Regards,

Luqman Munawar