Re: Procedure to release GPL code for eCos

On Mon, Mar 10, 2008 at 04:20:21PM +0530, Aditya Vaidya wrote:
> So this would be the procedure to follow if we port some Linux code to
> eCos, correct?

Upps. Sorry missed the GPL part.

We cannot accept plain GPL code into the eCos repository. Is the code
only available under GPL? Some parts of the kernel is dual licensed,
eg under MIT or BSD. We might consider such code.

Could you be more specific about what code we are talking about.

> Also there was some talk about adding an option in the configtool to
> allow use of GPL code. Any further word on that?

Nope. There was talk about making a second tree for code which could
not be modified GPL, but it is just talk so far.

Sorry for the confusion,

      Andrew