Re: Procedure to release GPL code for eCos

Andrew Lunn wrote:
> On Mon, Mar 10, 2008 at 04:20:21PM +0530, Aditya Vaidya wrote:
>> So this would be the procedure to follow if we port some Linux code to
>> eCos, correct?
>
> Upps. Sorry missed the GPL part.
>
> We cannot accept plain GPL code into the eCos repository. Is the code
> only available under GPL? Some parts of the kernel is dual licensed,
> eg under MIT or BSD. We might consider such code.

Just to be clear, if you are not intending to contribute to the eCos
project, and just use it for yourself, then you can do so (without an
assignment or anything like that). But obviously if you do so, and you
include any GPL code, then *all* the source code of your program will need
to be made available to people you supply binaries or your product to. As
per the GPL licence.

Jifl
 **  Visit us at ESC Silicon Valley <http://www.embedded.com/esc/sv>  **
 **  April 15-17 2008, Booth 3012, San Jose McEnery Convention Center **
------["Si fractum non sit, noli id reficere"]------       Opinions==mine