Re: How does the freebsd socket call the drivers?

venice wrote:

> [...]

1. cdl options

see \ecos\packages\net\bsd_tcpip\current\cdl\freebsd_net.cdl for TCP/IP
stack options
(e.g. CYGPKG_NET_MEM_USAGE)
and \ecos\packages\net\common\current\cdl\net.cdl for network support
options (TFTP, DHCP or fixed IP addresses, ..)

2. read chapter "TCP/IP Stack Support for eCos
<http://ecos.sourceware.org/docs-latest/ref/net-common-tcpip.html>" on
http://ecos.sourceware.org/docs-latest/ref/ecos-ref.html
or
read a TCP/IP book.
To send data, you need to create a socket. A TCP socket is a
SOCK_STREAM, a UDP socket is a SOCK_DGRAM.
A TCP socket can be client (initiator) or server (listener). A server
e.g. listen(..) for incoming connections, and then accept(..) the
connection if select(..) returned that there is data available. With TCP
you read(..) and write(..) data from/to the TCP socket.
With UDP you just recvfrom(..) or sendto(..) a UDP packet.

3. If you want to use big UDP packets over 9kB, you have to change the
socket send buffer size (SO_SNDBUF) (high water level).
There a lot of socket options you can set. Read documentation about this
if you need it.

Success,
Jürgen