Re: Configuring an eCos application to debug it using GDB

On Thu, Mar 27, 2008 at 09:27:50AM +0100, J?r?my Alles wrote:
> Hi,
>
> 	I'm trying to configure properly my eCos application in order to
> debug it using GDB (over Ethernet). I'm using an AT91 based development kit
> with Redboot already flashed on it (by someone else in my company).

Do you have the configuration that was used to build this redboot
image?

> 	The problem is I think that I'm missing something in my
> configuration (ecos.ecc), as when my application starts, it returns 54321
> and not something like $O3534313231#56+. That is why I think i'm doing
> something wrong.

This is to do with gdb mangling. Normally it should work out if it
needs to mangle nor not, depending on if gdb is connected or not.

Take a look at CYGSEM_HAL_DIAG_MANGLER.

What i don't know is if redboot or the application does the mangling.
I think it is redboot, but maybe Gary can confirm this.

Note, this only applies to output from diag_printf. If you open the
serial port, /dev/ser0, and write to that, no mangling is performed.

       Andrew