Re: Re: On ARM7 can one of FIQ/IRQ be used for non-eCos stuff?

On Wednesday 02 April 2008, Grant Edwards wrote:
> The main point of the CDL would be to avoid having to fork the
> arm/arch code.  I don't really like maintaining my own separate
> versions of files unless I absolutely have to.  Besides,
> somebody else might actually want to use the new "feature".

Yes. I think providing an official way how to use the FIQ with lowest possible
overhead under eCos would be good. Some kind of communication with eCos is
required I think, e.g. a recommended way how to generate a regular interrupt
so that if some condition is detected in the FIQ handler a regular ISR can
overtake.

Alex