Re: Status of at91sam7xek

On Thu, Apr 10, 2008 at 10:36:16AM +0200, David Babin wrote:
> > The AT91SAM7XEK does not have an external memory interface. So you
> > need to live with what you have on chip.
>
> I suspect that the embedded 64k will not be sufficient for my usage :
> PPP - Ethernet - IP Stack (TCP/UDP/DNS) - Flash
>
> After some research, i've seen that adding memory can be done via SPI
> bus with SRAM.
> In this way ecos can be running with light modification on ldi files,
> seen in this post :
> http://sourceware.org/ml/ecos-discuss/2003-10/msg00338.html
>
> Can you confirm me it's the correct way ?

I think this is very unlikely to work. The AT91SAM7X cannot map SPI
memory into its normal memory map.

What you need is an external memory bus. The AT91SAM7SE devices have
this, but i don't think there is an AT91SAM7XE.

I suggest you find somebody inside your company who has more
experience with low level software and hardware.

           Andrew