Re: In trouble of timer operations

On Thu, May 29, 2008 at 05:23:19PM +0900, ariga masahiro wrote:
> Hello everyone,
>
> In order to certify timer operations I inserted next codes at top of
> run_tests func in timeslice2.c.

The best way to verify the timer operations is to use the given test
programs. clocktruth will tell you if your clock it ticking at the
correct rate.

> My intention is to insert 10msec delay by cyg_thread_delay(1)
> and count timer ticks between using HAL_CLOCK_READ and display difference
> time.

I suggest you first read and understand:

http://ecos.sourceware.org/docs-latest/ref/hal-clocks-and-timers.html

HAL_CLOCK_READ will return the number of hardware ticks since the last
system tick. Since the system tick is by default 10msec, you should
never get HAL_CLOCK_READ return more than 10ms.

      Andrew