Re: Does 256kByte flash and 64kByte RAM + TCP/IP make sense for eCos?

Øyvind Harboe wrote:
It seems like the amount of flash + ram available inside a microcontroller
has been stuck at or below  256kBytes and 64kByte RAM the last 5 years.

I don't know why, but I guess the silicon required for that amount of
RAM/flash is comparable to a CPU core + peripherals. <SNIP>...
Anytime I've asked my friend at Freescale why a particular device has a given mix of peripherals and memory the answer has always been "That's what the original customer asked for" (the original customer gets exactly what they want and a few months lead on using the part before it goes public).

I guess none of these large lead customers are using eCos in their designs...

Alex.