Re: run-tests in configtool

Bob

Robert Brusa wrote:

Using configtool on my debian etch system, I built an ecos and tests using the defaults for the AT91SAM7X-EK board. Then I click on run-tests and configure configtool to download using tty1 (where the serial debug-I/F of my board is connected). The output I get in the status column of the summary register of the "run tests-view" alway reads "NoResult". I did the tests with several programs - alsways "NoResult" and this in no time!

I then checked the serial i/o on tty1 with an oscilloscope and found: No download and no answer from the board. I also checked the interface by sending characters with minicom. The I/F is ok.

Then I changed the download interface to 192.168.0.21:2001, the address and port where my BDI2000 is connected. I launched wireshark, set its filter for this address and run again a test. Wireshark did not detect any packets to/from the BDI2000.

The run tests functionality requires diagnostic output from tests to be routed via the GDB debug channel. This feature will not work with JTAG debuggers. However, this does not explain why you observed no ethernet traffic.

My first question: Why does configtool not tell me that it has no contact with the target. After all, there is a time out specified and it should at least hang until this timeout has elapsed. Thank you for your helpful answers and regards.

You should see any connection problems reported on the "Output" tab of the run tests dialog.

Second question: How can I fix the problem and run these tests?

If your Linux distro does not use /dev/ttyS<n> naming for serial ports then you will need to modify ecRunTestsDialog::TranslatePort() in runtestsdlg.cpp appropriately.

John Dallaway
eCosCentric Limited