Re: Device driver open & close

Andrew Lunn wrote:
On Mon, Aug 25, 2008 at 07:31:09PM -0400, Frank Pagliughi wrote:
Hey All,

Is there a mechanism by which a device driver can be notified when the application opens or closes the device. For example, I have an LCD in my system, and I would like to turn it on when the application opens the device and turn it off when it gets closed. Then turn it back on again if it gets re-opened, etc.

open() should result in the lookup function being called on the
device.
This gets called for each open?
Close is a problem, since there is no device close function.

You might be better using cyg_io_set_config() mechanism to turn it on
and off.
This is unfortunate. For another example, the system will have the ability to power down the compact flash drive(s). Which order should the power down happen?
flush() the buffers, then cyg_io_set_config() to power down the drive, *then* close() ? I assume you can't use the handle to set_config after the close(). Right?

Frank