Re: Re: eCos Configuration Tool experimental build for Vista

John,
I don't know if this is the right time to bring this up. But it is a minor "windows" issue that we came across.
We use subversion for our VCS system. When we configured it to use native line-endings (I don't remember the correct term for that in svn lingo), we found the ecosconfig spits out files with Windows line endings under windows/cygwin, even if cygwin is configured for unix line-endings. This caused cygwin's svn to think that our ecosconfig file changed every time we ran 'ecosconfig anything'.

Our solution was to use a windows native svn client. One developer used TortiseSVN. I downloaded the windows command line version from tigris.org. Both of these used windows line endings for everything, so it matched ecosconfig.

But it would be nice if ecosconfig would honor the cygwin setting, or maybe have a command line option for one or the other. Or if there is an existing file, keep the line endings the same.

David