RE: GNU toolchains for eCos 3.0

There isn't anything "magic" that ties eCos to any particular toolchain, etc.
For example, I use CodeSourcery ARM EABI at the moment.  If anything, the
newer toolchains have shown places that the code consistency could be
improved (eg. const ness of things).  There are sometimes bugs that are
somewhat obscure (eg. the linker coalescing sections that breaks the static
constructor init), but these problems are generally fairly straight forward
to find and to work around.

Just my $.02

--Chris