Cortex-M3 port

Hi there

I just wanted to let you know, that my Cortex-M3 port is pretty much up and running. It's not yet perfect, and there is still pending work on some parts (mostly the GDB stub, and exception handling). Basic interrupt handling and context switching is working. I extended the qmtest framework to automate kernel testing, and run all kernel tests with success (except the tm_basic test, which failed because of lack of resources). As ecoscentric is also finishing their port ("in a couple of weeks") I guess there is no real chance for my port to be included in the main repository. Also, to really finish the port, some additional help would really be appreciated (GDB stub etc.). My current focus is to test additional components we're going to use for our design (flash, fs, networking etc). So unless there is some help on the port, I guess I'll go with what I have and hope that ecoscentric will release their port in the near future, so I can incorporate additional changes into their port and the official repository. During development a few questions popped to my mind:

* Is there any interest in getting some community driven automatic testing infrastructure up and running? The current state is ok for doing single tests from time to time, but not to have an automated process. I'll further work with qmtest to automate our internal testing, but I wonder if there is interest to do this development in the community?

* I'm currently trying to merge the flash_v2 branch into the trunk. This seems to be not exactly trivial (or I'm just stupid :) Isn't it time to do the merge into the official trunk and spare the hassle in the future? Is there anything going against the merge? Or why hasn't it be done yet?

Simon