Re: Re: Migrating away from CVS

On Wed, 2008-10-29 at 13:49 +0000, Grant Edwards wrote:
> Nobody I know cares about the configtool.  Does anybody who's
> working on a real eCos project (e.g. not something for school
> or evaluation purposes) use the graphical tool?

We do. In fact, we've only used the command-line tool for scripted
building, not configuration.

We put a lot of CPU and SOC configuration items in CDL packages. We find
some of the complex items have dependencies and interactions that are
difficult to discover and manage unless the data is presented in a
visual, hierarchical manner the way the configtool does.

PS. Kudos to John Dallaway and his work on the configtool experimental
build for GTK+ 2.x on Linux. It looks great!