Re: Toolchain updates and flashv2 merge

Sorry I felt I had to re-post after my previous post mess-up...

Hi,

I have downloaded the 20081107 cygwin arm-eabi toolchain, and was wondering if anyone else is experiencing the same problems as me with the compiler or perhaps cygwin itself. Not sure whether the problem lies with Cygwin, the compiler or just me...

Using the graphical ecos config tool I have configured a minimal ecos build for the STM32 Eval board. Everythings fine until build library, then on the first file it tries to compile:

make[1]: Entering directory `/cygdrive/c/Users/martind/Projects/eCos/TestProjects/Test2/test2_build/hal/cortexm/arch/current'
arm-eabi-gcc -c -I/cygdrive/c/Users/martind/Projects/eCos/TestProjects/Test2/test2_install/include -I/cygdrive/c/Users/martind/Projects/ecos/ecos/packages/hal/cortexm/arch/current -I/cygdrive/c/Users/martind/Projects/ecos/ecos/packages/hal/cortexm/arch/current/src -I/cygdrive/c/Users/martind/Projects/ecos/ecos/packages/hal/cortexm/arch/current/tests -I. -I/cygdrive/c/Users/martind/Projects/ecos/ecos/packages/hal/cortexm/arch/current/src/ -finline-limit=7000 -march=armv7-m -mthumb -Wall -Wpointer-arith -Wstrict-prototypes -Winline -Wundef -g -O2 -ffunction-sections -fdata-sections -fno-exceptions -Wp,-MD,src/hal_misc.tmp -osrc/hal_cortexm_arch_hal_misc.o/cygdrive/c/Users/martind/Projects/ecos/ecos/packages/hal/cortexm/arch/current/src/hal_misc.cmake[1]: *** [src/hal_misc.o.d] Error 1with no compiler error message. I copied the output and tried amanualcompile, and the compiler does not error, it just does not output anyobjectfiles or messages (Windows XP). Do the same on Vista 64 and thisgenerates a program / exception error.Just to double check I tried a quick manual test:arm-eabi-gcc -c test.c -o test.oWhich again does not output anything, so I am wondering if this is acygwin/compiler build issue. My version of the cygwin dll is 1005.25.0.0.Anyideas appreciated.Best Regards,Martin.----- Original Message -----From: "Jonathan Larmour" <jifl@eCosCentric.com>To: "eCos discussion" <ecos-discuss@ecos.sourceware.org>Sent: Tuesday, November 11, 2008 2:05 PMSubject: [ECOS] Toolchain updates and flashv2 merge> New prebuilt toolchains are available for testing with eCos, inpreparation> for eCos v3.0.>> They can be obtained from ftp://ecos.sourceware.org/pub/ecos/gnutools but> hopefully by now they will have started appearing on mirror sites thatwill> be more local and so download faster for you:> http://ecos.sourceware.org/mirror.html> http://sourceware.org/mirrors.html>> The toolchains to download are the ones with "20081107" in their name.>> These are based on GCC 4.3.2, a binutils snapshot of 2008-06-19 and a gdb> snapshot of 2008-07-06. But many patches needed to be made (which is also> why I'm not upgrading to the newly released binutils 2.19 as we've been> testing with this source base and don't want to rock the boat more). The> patches are also on the FTP site.>> ARM users will note that they will need to manually change the CDL> configuration variable CYGBLD_GLOBAL_COMMAND_PREFIX from arm-elf to> arm-eabi. This will be resolved across all ARM targets before the eCos 3.0> release, so no need for patches thanks. In the first instance pleasereport> any problems you think are caused by using these tools to me (CC'ing> ecos-discuss, but make sure I'm included directly). We don't want the> release process to drag out now that we have an opportunity in ourschedule> for doing it, so please bang on these so we can move to a final release.>> Of course I can't guarantee any problems will necessarily be things we can> fix, rather than report upstream. But (after my toolchain patches),> eCosCentric have been using these tools successfully, so if there are any> problems, then that probably just means I need to pull over some more> patches from eCosCentric's tree. So don't spend too much timeinvestigating> as the problem may already be solved!>>> I'm working on the merge of the flashv2 branch to the trunk (sort of - in> fact I expect to mostly use eCosCentric's existing merge). Expect things> temporarily not to work in anoncvs shortly :-). As part of this, as wellas> merging io/flash and redboot's flash support and some of the drivers,> eCosCentric will also be contributing an improved Strataflash driver.>> Jifl> --> eCosCentric Limited http://www.eCosCentric.com/ The eCos experts> Barnwell House, Barnwell Drive, Cambridge, UK. Tel: +44 1223 245571> Registered in England and Wales: Reg No 4422071.> ------["Si fractum non sit, noli id reficere"]------ Opinions==mine>> --> Before posting, please read the FAQ: http://ecos.sourceware.org/fom/ecos> and search the list archive: http://ecos.sourceware.org/ml/ecos-discuss>>