pthread version of cyg_thread_delay

In a previous thread I started here on the list, asking about the
synthetic target, it was suggested a better approach might be to use the
POSIX threads compatibility layer in eCos, and write to that. This would
allow the application code to be the same for both eCos and Linux - and
potentially Windows with pthreads-win32 (if it works).

As a starting point I thought it would be useful to do a simple port of
the 'twothreads' example to a POSIX threads version, which I call it
'twopthreads' - original, ugh.

One item I have run in to, not being a pthreads expert, is what the
POSIX equivilant of cyg_thread_delay might be. There is a pthread_yield
type call, but there is no way to give it some time value, and have the
system do the proper thing in the background.

I have tried using nanosleep, but it results in some odd behavior - some
sort of SIGTRAP occurs when I use it. I have also tried to use
cyg_thread_delay directly, but that did not work either.

So, any examples or pointers to a pthread-friendly way to perform a
delay within a thread function?

Thank you,
Tyler