From: Frank Pagliughi [mailto:fpagliughi@mindspring.com]
Sent: Friday, November 14, 2008 1:27 PM
To: Gary Thomas
Cc: Austin, Brian; James Bewley; ecos-discuss@sources.redhat.com; Mike
Nelis
Subject: Re: [ECOS] Ecos on the Technologic Systems - TS7300

Gary Thomas wrote:
> Austin, Brian wrote:
>
>> Yes.
>>

> Please don't top-post :-(
>

>> Have you tried building for an EP9302?
>>

> He'd have to get the eCos sources from Cirrus Logic.  James, have
> you explored this?
>
> Also, can you get the sources to TSBOOT?  That would help your
> cause quite a lot.
>

>> Did it build ok?

I got a port (minus Ethernet, which I didn't need) on the TS-7200 when
it first appeared around 4 yrs ago. The lack of JTAG makes it a little
painful, but it's do-able. That board used Redboot, so there was a good
starting point. Contact Technologic to see if they ported Redboot before

switching to the Linux quick-boot. If not, compare the Redboot ports for

the other Technologic boards to see how their hardware tends to differ
from the Cirrus eval board(s).

I couldn't submit my port because it was based on the Technologic code,
which was based on the Cirrus code. I tried to rally Cirrus to submit
their port, but got no response.  I eventually just handed my port to
Technologic, hoping they could resolve it. I gather Cirrus made
significant improvements to their port in the intervening years.

But Brian Austin works for Cirrus. Right? Any news, Brian?

- Frank