To: "Martin Davey" <martin.davey9@googlemail.com>
Cc: "eCos discussion" <ecos-discuss@ecos.sourceware.org>
Sent: Thursday, November 13, 2008 2:56 PM
Subject: Re: [ECOS] Toolchain updates and flashv2 merge

Martin Davey wrote:
Sorry I felt I had to re-post after my previous post mess-up...

This one wasn't much clearer.

I have downloaded the 20081107 cygwin arm-eabi toolchain, and was
wondering if anyone else is experiencing the same problems as me with
the compiler or perhaps cygwin itself. Not sure whether the problem lies
with Cygwin, the compiler or just me...

I'm very tempted to blame Cygwin, but maybe that's just habit. If you have
an older cygwin, you could try a newer. If you have a newer cygwin, you
could try an older.

Using the graphical ecos config tool I have configured a minimal ecos
build for the STM32 Eval board. Everythings fine until build library,
then on the first file it tries to compile:

make[1]: Entering directory
`/cygdrive/c/Users/martind/Projects/eCos/TestProjects/Test2/test2_build/hal/cortexm/arch/current'

arm-eabi-gcc -c
-I/cygdrive/c/Users/martind/Projects/eCos/TestProjects/Test2/test2_install/include
-I/cygdrive/c/Users/martind/Projects/ecos/ecos/packages/hal/cortexm/arch/current
-I/cygdrive/c/Users/martind/Projects/ecos/ecos/packages/hal/cortexm/arch/current/src
-I/cygdrive/c/Users/martind/Projects/ecos/ecos/packages/hal/cortexm/arch/current/tests
-I.
-I/cygdrive/c/Users/martind/Projects/ecos/ecos/packages/hal/cortexm/arch/current/src/
-finline-limit=7000 -march=armv7-m -mthumb -Wall -Wpointer-arith
-Wstrict-prototypes -Winline -Wundef -g -O2 -ffunction-sections
-fdata-sections -fno-exceptions -Wp,-MD,src/hal_misc.tmp
-osrc/hal_cortexm_arch_hal_misc.o/cygdrive/c/Users/martind/Projects/ecos/ecos/packages/hal/cortexm/arch/current/src/hal_misc.cmake[1]:
*** [src/hal_misc.o.d] Error 1with no compiler error message.

These are not the default flags for the STM32 port. Please try a clean ecos
cvs checkout and try again.

Jifl
------["Si fractum non sit, noli id reficere"]------       Opinions==mine