Re: eCos port for MPC5567 (e200z6)

Hi Lars,

On Dienstag, 2. Dezember 2008, Vladimir Nikolov wrote:
Dear Lars,

I've done a port to the MB91302 controller, which is a predecessor. It
shouldn't be much effort to do a MB91460 port based on that.
How much time did you spend making it?

I think in sum it was about 3 - 4 months but you can not compare this because I had to do the whole port including the initial fr30 architecture port, mb91302 variant and a platform.
You now have in both cases a running archtitecture port (powerpc or fr30) and a variant that is very close to what you need. So most of the porting effort is already done. What you have to do hardly depends on the platform you have and the drivers you need.
What kind of evaluation board do you have ?

I still cannot decide between the "FlexDevel Starter" evaluation boards (with the MPC5567) http://www.tzm.de/Flexray/FlexDevel_Starter.html
and the Fujitsu SK-91465X-100PMC (with the MB91460) http://mcu.emea.fujitsu.com/mcu_tool/detail/SK-91465X-100PMC.htm .
Well, actually the MB91460 seems to have a fr60 architecture. Unfortunatelly, I cannot assess whether a new fr60 architecture port would be necessary for the latter.

Were there any major issues while doing the port?

Yes, the architecture and variant part ;-)

I see ;-) !

I'm thinking about how long it would take to do a MPC5567 port on my
own, because this MCU is a little more powerful
than the MB91460 ...

You have to decide on your own (or ask ecoscentric if they have a commercial port ready to use for you).

Thats a good idea, maybe they have!

I would be glad to see another fr30 architecture, with powerpc you have an architecture port that is more established and tested...

That is also a reason why I tend to the FlexDevel Starter Board ...

Vladimir

--
Vladimir Nikolov, vladimir.nikolov@uni-ulm.de            |UNI ULM
http://www-vs.informatik.uni-ulm.de/dept/staff/nikolov/  |DISTRIBUTED