ARMulator can't allocate memory

Hi,

We recently downloaded eCos 2.0 with pre-built toolchains for cygwin, and
are trying to run the example hello.c under i386-gdb with target sim. We
created a config_install using configtool. Note that the original
configtool.exe crashes so we downloaded configtool-060710.exe.

When we run the program we get the error:

"ARMulator can't allocate VM page: Cannot allocate memory"

We reduced the RAM size by manually modifying mlt_i386_pc_ram.h and .ldi, as
well as target.ld (under lib directory). We can see that the memory layout
did change (not sure if the size changed) but the problem persists.

Any ideas?
Thank you,

Roy