"make tests" chokes on cxxsupp.cxx

Hi!

I'm trying to compile the eCos networking tests. "make tests" runs fine until it encounters the first C++ file "packages/infra/current/tests/cxxsupp.cxx".

This file is compiled with gcc. Is that intentional; shouldn't it use g++ instead?

gcc cannot find C++ headers such as <new>, <bits/something> etc. When I point to those files using -isystem, it refuses to link (undefined reference to `_impure_ptr`). IIRC gcc does not digest C++.

I'm using the CodeSourcery GCC 4.2-164 for Coldfire (because it supports the P&E Multilink debugger) and the target is MCF5208. I have successfully built the library and application.

I admit that I had to do some voodoo to remove the default system header paths (using -nostdinc and lots of -isystem) because they contained some windows-style paths "C:/blabla". The colon went straight into some eCos *.dep files and drove make off the rails. I assume this voodoo doesn't cause my problem, because the linker does not care about includes.

Error is visible here:
http://www.hot.ee/tarmospam/ecos-build-err.txt

--
Kind regards,