Re: CAN-problems

On Mon, Dec 22, 2008 at 02:25:18PM -0800, Peter Last NameHuszar wrote:
> I have just started to use eCOS for an Olimex LCP-H2294.
> The basic setup works, I could flash led as a thread, using Redboot ROM monitor,
> but ran into problem when adding CAN support.
>
> I modified the ecos.db to include the generic CAN device driver and the LPC2xxx
> specific CAN device driver.
>
> First of all, in "I/O subsystem/CAN device drivers/Philips LPC2xxx CAN.."
> set up the? "Allow Access to the on-chip CAN 0 .." is selected, but grey.
>
> More importantly some defines are not set properly e.g. CYGINT_IO_CAN_CHANNELS
> does not seem to have the proper count.
>
> Since I am a novice with eCOS, I might be doing something simple the wrong way.
>
> I have not found any solution for my problem in the archives. Would appreciate some
>  help.

Take a look at:
 packages/hal/arm/lpc24xx/ea2468/current/cdl/hal_arm_lpc24xx_ea2468.cdl

See how it has statements:

    implements    CYGINT_DEVS_CAN_LPC2XXX_CAN0
    implements    CYGINT_DEVS_CAN_LPC2XXX_CAN1

You need something similar in the Olimex LCP-H2294 HAL so that the CAN
device driver knows which CAN devices the chip supports.

       Andrew