Re: transfer .srec file onto redboot in ARM

On Fri, Dec 26, 2008 at 7:37 AM, abhishek srivastava
<just_abhi22@yahoo.co.in> wrote:
> sir,

Reply to the list, please.

> what happen exactly is that i need to download my application into ROM as my RAM is only of 32K and ROM of 512K.........my board is Phillips LPC2148 ARM7TDMI-S.
> starting address of RAM is 0x400000000 and ROM is 0x00000000....
>
> i dont know why it rejects the download?? i had downloaded the redboot even in ROM,may be it rejects as this application try to overwrite to the same location where redboot is........
> could you tell me how could i check what memory location in RAM and ROM is used and how much is free........so that i could install my application to the appropriate location.

Do you expect to be able to download to ROM? Surely not.

Why would you try to download a ROM application - which, as you point
out, lives at the same location as RedBoot?

If you only have 32K of RAM, I guess there is not much point of
downloading anything. You should probably just be putting your
applications directly in ROM.
Unless you plan to download applications of no more than 32K (minus
whatever RedBoot takes up) data to RAM and use RedBoot to flash it at
the top end of ROM. And then launch it from RedBoot.

Jesper