Re: SPI-support cannot be added for AT91SAM7X-EK

On Wed, 14 Jan 2009 17:11:23 +0100, John Dallaway <john@dallaway.org.uk> wrote:

Hi Robert

Robert Brusa wrote:

Since migrating from eCOS V2.0 to the most recent one (from CVS), I am
stuck with the problem that I can no longer configure eCOS to support
SPI. Using eCos Configuration Tool 2.net UNSTABLE (Oct  9 2008 16:37:05)
I select the hardware "Atmel AT91SAM7XEK evaluation board" default
packages. The resulting configuration does not include support for SPI.
The package CYGPKG_IO_SPI is missing. However, an attempt to add this
package ("Generic SPI-support" using configtool) is blocked with the
error message:

Add and remove hardware packages by selecting a new hardware template.

Well ok, but how do I do this? Thanks and best regards

CYGPKG_IO_SPI is correctly declared as a hardware package in ecos.db. eCos targets which use this package must therefore include it in their target descriptions. I note that this package is missing from the at91sam7xek target description in ecos.db. You should therefore add CYGPKG_IO_SPI to this record by editing ecos.db directly.

<aside>
Someone needs to check that all eCos targets which use SPI include
CYGPKG_IO_SPI in their target descriptions and submit a patch. Any
volunteers?
</aside>

John Dallaway

Hi John

Thanks for the tip. When this problem surfaced, editing the db-file was what I thought might help. It did not. Now, based on your input I gave it another try - and this time it worked. No idea what went wrong during my first trial. Thanks.

wrt your aside-remark: I feel too much as a newbe to tackle this right now. May be later.....

Regards Robert