linking question

Hi All,

I'm interested in changing how my app links so that all the ecos functions come before my app functions. I assume to do this I need to shift my app code into different sections ie .text.app and .gnu.linkonce.app and then change the linker script file.

Would that work?

My next question is how to specify that I want my code in a different section. I know how to do it by adding declarations to the source code but would like to not have to do that. Is there an easy way of changing the sections for a file or archive?

Thanks.

Will