Making support for different flash sizes.

Hi,

Suppose you have created a HAL Variant named "abc". And suppose that it supports a range of different 16 MByte flash devices, and that these devices are specified in .../devs/flash/<arch>/abc/current/cdl/flash_abc.cdl.

Now suppose that your sales organization says: Hey, please squeeze your code into an 8 MByte flash device, so that we can save some bucks.

For reasons other than the flash-size issue, I'd like to create a new redboot_ROMRAM.cdl file for the board equipped with the 8MByte flash. Let's call this redboot_ROMRAM_8MB_flash.ecm and place it next to the original redboot_ROMRAM.ecm file.

The original redboot_ROMRAM.ecm file contains a line like the following:
  package -hardware CYGPKG_DEVS_FLASH_<ARCH>_ABC current ;

I would perfer *not* to list both the 8 and 16 MByte flash devices in the same flash_abc.cdl file. So my question is:

Is it possible to create a new file next to flash_abc.cdl called e.g. flash_abc_8mb_flash.cdl and point that out from redboot_ROMRAM_8MB_flash.ecm, or will I have to create a completely new /devs/flash/<arch>/abc_XXX branch? Or is there a better way to handle this?

Thanks,
René Schipp von Branitz Nielsen
Vitesse Semiconductors