Re: Re: FAT32 and SD card support on Redboot.

Chris Zimman wrote:
Does anybody have an idea on as to whether or not Redboot supporting
FAT32. I am unable to modify the .ecc file to get the CDL flags
enabled for SDHC and CYGPKG_REDBOOT_DISK but i am unable figure out
the dependency tree for each of them . If anybody has quick hints on
it, it would be great.

The eCos FAT driver supports FAT32. If you use 'ecosconfig' to configure your tree, it should help you with getting the dependencies sorted out.

Last time I tried to do this (maybe 2 years ago), this is what worked for me:

1. Make sure that you have a version of the CVS Redboot code later than July 20 2006 s the range of disk handling commands was extended by the checkin that day (fs xxx commands)

1. Ignore the Redboot native disk support (don't enable CYGPKG_REDBOOT_DISK) as this doesn't provide FAT support despite appearing to at first glance. In fact you can get as far as being able to identify a disk as FAT formatted (with the disks command), but no further.

2. Instead, enable the file I/O support (CYGPKG_REDBOOT_FILEIO)

3. Add all the other bits that this requires (disk devices, block I/O, linux compat layer, FAT filesystem, POSIX file I/O compat layer etc)

4. Build

5. At the Redboot prompt use something like:

fs mount -d /dev/disk0/1 -t fatfs // where disk should be replaced by the device being used

Hope this is still correct,

Andy