Re: STM dev board

Hi Graham

grahamlab wrote:

> I am a complete newcomer to ecos!

No problem. Welcome to the eCos community.

> I have a STM32 dev board and am trying to configure ecos to run on it
> So far I have successfully used the config tool to build the libraries and
> test code
> But the output file seem quite large

The test executables generated by the eCos arm-eabi toolchain are ELF
images which include many non-loadable sections including debug records
for use by GDB. To determine memory usage on your STM32 target, use the
"arm-eabi-size" tool.

> and have the .exe extension - I was expecting a .bin

Are you sure that you are using the eCos arm-eabi toolchain? This
toolchain should produce test executables (ELF images) with no file
suffix at all.

John Dallaway