Re: eCos bring up on OMAP3530 (Cortex-A8)

Nick Garnett wrote:
vivin uthappa <vivinuthappa@gmail.com> writes:

Hello Nick,

    The OMAP3 EVM board that we use here comes with U-Boot installed.
To get the eCos kernel image running on the target board is it
necessary that the bootloader has to be RedBoot? If the answer is "no"
then is there anything we need to watch out for while using U-Boot
instead of RedBoot to bootup eCos?

Generally we would replace U-Boot with RedBoot in order to bring up a board. I have no experience of getting eCos to boot from U-Boot, maybe others do.

I boot u-boot on my BlackFin BF548 EZ-Kit, then boot my eCos application from u-boot without any problems.

Rutger