Re: an easy question about Building a toolchain for use with eCos

Please keep these emails on the discussion list so that others may
offer advice, or benefit from the discussion.

wb ning <helloningwb@gmail.com> writes:

> Thank you for your reply. I think you are right. Using  a pre-built is
> handy. And It's good to know i should use arm-eabi instead of arm-elf.
> But there is another question now, since i have built my toolchain
> successfully, i mean, binutils, arm-elf-gcc and arm-elf-insight. Can i
> just build my own arm-eabi now,  without being affected by files
> already existed? If i can, i think i only need to substitude the
> Target "arm-elf" with "arm-eabi" and leave all the other parts of the
> command unchanged. And do it again just as what the website said. Am i
> right? Since i have buit arm-elf successfully, this time i also want
> built armm-eabi myself, instead to use the pre-built version.

In theory, yes you should be able to build the arm-eabi toolchain in
exactly the same way. However, bear in mind that the pre-built
toolchains have been built and tested to avoid you having to duplicate
the whole process. I still don't see why you need to build the tools
yourself.

--
Nick Garnett                                       eCos Kernel Architect
eCosCentric Limited    http://www.eCosCentric.com       The eCos experts