Re: ecos memory footprint

Mandeep Sandhu schrieb:
Hi All,

Anybody knows if ECOS can run in 64KB mem (or lesser) with the following
features:

* USB Device/slave support
* SPI Driver support
* Networking support (for running a small webserver)

I've not yet narrowed down on my h/w yet...but Microchips PIC32MX460F128H
seems promising? But the sad part is that ecos doesn't show this in their list
of supported h/w.

Have ppl run ecos on microcontrollers w/o external SDRAM (I'm trying to conserve
power by not having ext RAM)?

This will be rather tough, but probably possible. You should use the lwIP networking stack to keep memory usage low. Also, try to use as few threads as possible, as this saves you valuable stack memory.

Simon