Re: dividing the elf object file file in to two binary files

ganesh kr wrote:
Hi Simon,

Thanks a lot for the response. You have kept my project going. Please
tell me how can I integrate your lwip port with my present ecos code
base. I have both ecos3.0 and ecos 2.0 code base. By seeing your  port
it looks like you have used ecos2.0. its OK for me to go with ecos
2.0. Only thing is how can I integrate with the code base I have.
Also, once integrate, can I build it using the config tool as part of
libtarget.a?

This port is built for ecos 3.0, or better said, for CVS head. I'm not sure if it would run for ecos 2.0 too.

The easiest way to integrate this with your code base is to just remove the old packages/net/lwip_tcpip folder and replace it with the new lwip_tcpip folder. The package also needs to be registered in the packages/ecos.db file, but nothing has changed here from the old lwip port to the new one, so don't have to change that.

Once this is integrated you can just add lwip to your project as with the earlier port.

ecosconfig add lwip

Or you can use the configtool to add the package. Configuration has changed considerably from the earlier port, but it's much better organized now and should be relatively easy to do.

For a few examples of how to use the port see the examples!

There are two supported modes for running lwip. I called them "sequential" and "simple" modes. In the simple mode you run lwip in a single thread, making it very resource friendly. But you need to use the RAW APIs in this mode. In the sequential mode, lwip is run in multiple threads and you can use all the advanced APIs like netconn and sockets.

Best regards
Simon