Re: ecos + lwip

Mandeep Sandhu wrote:
> I'm using ecos-3.0 for current work.
>
> How do you check the version of lwip that ships alongwith this version
> of ecos? I'm looking at the Changelog file for this info.
>
> The Changelog shows the current version as 1.1.1 whereas the latest
> stable version of lwip released is 1.3.0.

AFAIK, the eCos 3.0/CVS lwIP is something likes lwIP 1.1.0 +.

> Are there any major issues with 1.1.1 ? (it's seems pretty dated)

The latest lwIP 1.3.X has issues with PPP
http://cvs.savannah.gnu.org/viewvc/lwip/CHANGELOG?root=lwip&view=markup

> Are people using this in production code?

STFW

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/LwIP

Altera, Analog Devices, Xilinx, etc. use lwIP.

> Also, I plan to implement a limited DHCP server. Are "raw sockets" the
> only option available? Has anybody used lwip's raw native API to do
> similar stuff?

I'm sorry, I do not know about.

Sergei